July 21, 2012

2012-06 KC Visit

Thank goodness it was an uneventful journey from Carthage to KC
Our son JD and his talented squeeze Lorrina
 came over to welcome us back to town.
Not suprising at all that we felt glad to be back.
We knew that there was a lot to do and people to see in the short month we
plan on being here.  We did not know how right we were!!
JD & Lorrina are both musicians so there were lots of gigs to choose from


 We missed Maddie's birthday in May (Youngest Granddaughter's on the right)
and Isabelle had one fast approaching in July
 and so there was a family birthday party for both of them

 Steven supervised while John created one of his famous Italian dinners for us.
Wish I could remember what it was called.  I remember it was Delicioso !!
Susy could get me to bet that it was Fettucini ?
No-Way after the last $100 bill I had to give her :(
Susy, Tanya and Ann got a must deserved break and waited for the ManServants t
perfect their skills.  I can handle a mean pasta fork :)

 Isabelle had her birthday with friends at Chucky Cheese
Papa was very happy not to be the entertainment today.
All I had to do was take pictures of beautiful girls
and Susy never once got upset with me
 After the party Isabelle & Maddie came to spend a few days with
Papa and Nana

  Isabelle's crown reminded me of Burger King
So for the next few days I caught a lot of grief because I would accidently slip
and call her the Booger Queen :)
she was the queen of the skeeball machines
After she dropped in a couple of 10k bullseyes no one could beat her score
 Hmmmmm.... maybe she is a future althlete as she was very good at all the games that had balls
 
 My how video games have changed from the 1st Atari games I can recall.
I think the first time I saw touch screens was on Star Trek TV series
and they were no where near as sophisticated as these
 Maddie was not going to be outdone
She is going to be a natural in soccer
Sometimes you can't take the kid out of the man, so John got a few licks in himself
Papa declined to try, I could envision my toe looking like an exploded tomato

 Mom got a reprieve from much of the fun while Dad & Papa played the games with the girls
Of course we didn't enjoy it much :))))
 I don't remember seeing these two girls smile and giggle as much as they did today



Unfortunately Papa is still learning to keep his camera close by
I did not get pics of the days we spent at some really nice parks and playgrounds around town
I did not get pics of Miss Susy firing her very first assault rife or 9mm 
when we went to the range with Steven & Tanya
I can tell ya, I'm not gonna mess with her anymore after that day

The month we spent has been a great time, but now its time to start wandering again
Planned on going to the Mo-Kan Hitchhiker rally at Clinton Lake
But a couple of hiccups kept us from that, plus the 108 F temperatures dissuaded us
We stayed a couple of days longer to take care of some problems and then headed off 
wandering toward the August M&M rally in Michigan

Sorry all the photos are misdated after changing batteries
Cya soon

2 comments:

Ron & Lois's RV travels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ron & Lois's RV travels said...

Great looking family there Steve & Susie. Be glad to see you up here in Michigan.