July 22, 2012

2012-07-17 Pershing State Park, Leclede, Mo

2012-07-17 Pershing State Park, Leclede, Mo
We planned on leaving KC by 9am and driving to Mark Twain Lake COE
outside of Hannibal, Mo
When we tried to being the slides in they did not move
I knew that we needed to replace the RV batteries soon and I had not gotten to it during our month in KC
When I retired a good friend gave me a Very high quality jump start kit
(Thanks Mike Morton)
It worked perfectly to get the slides in
Spent the next couple of hours getting the correct batteries and
finally we were on our way


We stopped at Pershing state park
Years ago, we visited many times when my children's grandparents Walter & Louise would camp here
Walter was from Brookfield and Louise was from Chilocothe and they stayed here often while visiting family
The temperature was 104F when we arrived. I guess the weather kept the campers away because we had the campground all to ourselves.
The next morning we no more than pulled out of our site when the truck dinged and said we were out of fuel
Huh?! I would swear we had 3/4 tank when we parked
I called Good Sams to deliver some fuel. Surprise Surprise! When I started the truck it showed a full tank of fuel. Gonna have to get that looked at.
All I can figure is I have a loose or nicked wire to the fuel sensor
Probably happened when they pulled the cab off to rebuild the engine.

We are now on our way to visit Hannibal and Mark Twain

Cya

No comments: